Friday, May 8, 2009

again...

here it is may 8th already, where does the time go??

The garden has survived all the flooding that we had, although there are some great big holes! I have a few spaces that are literally a foot below the norm, I guess i had some really loose soil in the garden :)

This is a view from outside the front door after all the rain, is was so bright and a beautiful orange/red.

Here is another view...




Well here is a layout I was working on with my son. He chose to do the dirty puppy paws :)

We rescued a little dog from the side of the road one day on our way home from granny and papaw's house. I never even thought she would be with us for as long as she was. But it took us a year to find the poor thing a proper home :) Needless to say my son has missed this poor little guy, so I thought we would do a "tribute" of sorts. Her favorite thing to do was to dig in my garden for carrots of all things and go lay under the tree and munch on them :)

The reference to "doggie ditch" on the page is because we found her (and another friend) by a drainage ditch. So when we pass this ditch-my son refers to it as "doggie ditch" in hopes of finding more...and to make his father a bit nervous as well! The other title-Well on her first night with us, she stole my son's prork chop right off his plate. so she forever became known as "pork chop thief" :)

No comments: